Been There, Done That

Friday, July 23, 2010

Last Hash and Jellyfish!

It is Friday. last day for me to hit the beach and time for my last Hash run. Gavin, Mary and I got up early and decided to head to the beach with about 3 million other people. Seriously. We went back to the "private" beach. Ugh. The waves were super rough but it was very hot and we needed to cool off. We went to get in the water and a huge group of men from the public side decided to cheer for us as we entered the water. Imagine being at a baseball game and someone gets a hit...it was the weird roar of the crowd. Very unnerving. I wore a shirt over my bathing suit for the rest of the afternoon! At one point while we were in the water my thigh started to sting really badly! Yikes! A jellyfish must've got me. My first sting in my life. Gavin and Mary got stung too. The lifeguard squeezed some fresh lime juice on it which surprisingly helped.
Around 3pm it was time to get ready for my last Hash.
The sea of hundreds of white sun umbrellas is unreal!

Time for me to go. Time to say goodbye. Time for my last Hash. One more Hash! I got a cute certificate for completing 11 runs! 11??? I think I did more than that, but that's ok!
Horsey!

Last run!

Mummy baby!

Get me out of here!

I'll miss you all!

1 comment: