Well, I decided I had to do something cool for my birthday. Sunday is Monday here, so I had to work. I finished at 5pm and decided, "Hmmmm...I think I want to go up in the world's tallest building today."
So at 6pm, I hit the road and drove almost 2 hours to Dubai and straight to Burj Khalifa.
Also to compare the world's tallest towers:
http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/language/en-us/the-tower/worlds-tallest-towers.aspx
After putzing around the tower, I went down to the food court and had a great burger at Fatburger (they've got one in Vegas!) Yummmm....got in my car and headed back to Al Ain by 10:15 (but not before having to ask some random, but hot, English guy how to get back to the right freeway)...and was home by 11:45pm. Woo hoo! Success!
Not the "Sailboat" building. (Burj Al Arab) but kind of looks like it. This building is right across from Burj Khalifa.
So at 6pm, I hit the road and drove almost 2 hours to Dubai and straight to Burj Khalifa.
World Records
At over 828 metres (2,716.5 feet) and more than 160 stories, Burj Khalifa holds the following records:
• Tallest building in the world
• Tallest free-standing structure in the world
• Highest number of stories in the world
• Highest occupied floor in the world
• Highest outdoor observation deck in the world
• Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world
• Tallest service elevator in the world
For more info and other interesting facts and figures:http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/the-tower/fact-figures.aspxAlso to compare the world's tallest towers:
http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/language/en-us/the-tower/worlds-tallest-towers.aspx
Other fun facts: The Burj Khalifa was originally called the Burj Dubai, but because of money problems Sheikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi bailed them out and hence the new name.
After putzing around the tower, I went down to the food court and had a great burger at Fatburger (they've got one in Vegas!) Yummmm....got in my car and headed back to Al Ain by 10:15 (but not before having to ask some random, but hot, English guy how to get back to the right freeway)...and was home by 11:45pm. Woo hoo! Success!
I kid you not, this pic cost like $80.00
Happy BD :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej1ylPIk44o
Awesome photos Lisa. You have lived a life that would fill a book.
ReplyDeleteHa ha thanks. A book may be in order.
ReplyDelete